Eye Care Expert Forum
Sharp pain followed by red spot inside lower eyelid
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sharp pain followed by red spot inside lower eyelid

I was just sitting and relaxing this morning when I experienced sudden, sharp eye pain.  It was gone about as quickly as it had come and was followed by about a minute of tearing from the eye (right eye).  I looked at the eye about 20 minutes later and although there isn't any redness or visible irritation, there is a prominent red, "blood" spot when I pulled down my lower lid on the lid itself.  There are actually two. One is at the end of a vein and the larger one just sits there on its own.  I don't have any pain or tearing now nor any symptoms of headache, etc.  Is this fairly normal and what should I watch for in terms of seeking medical treatment?

THANK YOU!!!!