Eye Care Expert Forum
Sharp pain with light

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Sharp pain with light

I get a sharp pain in my eye when looking at bright light eg. when opening the curtains or turning a light on in a dark room.  My eye does not look unusual or red.  I do have myopia (-8.75) and have loads of massive floaters following PVD but I do not think they are related as I have had them checked at the eye clinic. Is this pain anything to be concerned about or is it common?
This is not common and you should have you eyes checked again. It's called Photophobia and can be a sign of more serious problems, though it's probably benign.
Sincerely
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.