Eye Care Expert Forum
Shone laser in eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Shone laser in eye
Hi all,

My friend was messing around with his 1mw laser last week, and she shone it directly into my eyes, he did not mean to. Ever since I have been unable to see as well as I used to, the only way I can describe it is that if I am reading, I cannot see the word I am trying to read, almost as if its a black spot. I am hoping it will go away, but this happened on monday morning, and its now thursday night. Do I need to go and see a doc or will this eventually go away? I looked at the laser for less than 1 second,  

thanks
Hopefully your symptoms will improve with time, especially sine the exposure to the laser light was so brief, but I would definitely see an ophthalmologist, preferably a retina specialist for an exam.