Eye Care Community
Shot in the eye w/ Air Soft gun

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Shot in the eye w/ Air Soft gun

I was shot very close to my nose but still in my right eye at around 6:45 pm.  I was able to keep my eye open with no issues about 10 minutes later, although it was still sore and I had blackedout vision in the right side of my eye and a bad headache.  I got home around 7:10pm, took 2 advil and napped for 3 hours.  When I woke up, the pain was still there but much less severe (for my eye), and my headache is gone.  However, there's a fairly noticable red spot on my eye where the shot hit.  Could this be a future threat?
Tags: air, soft, gun, shot, Eye
See an eye MD in the morning. You could even call one tonight for reassurance, You need to talk to a doctor who will examine your eyes. Our MD is on vacation, and there are a lot of posts. But this is also the best action for you.
With any loss of your peripheral vision blacked out it is an emergency to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist.

JCH MC
Dr. Hagan means tonight. Call emergency rooms and find one who has an eye MD on call, or go to www.aao.orf and find a retina doctor near you. Call him tonight. He will need to see you NOW