Eye Care Expert Forum
Side Effects from Cataract Surgery

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Side Effects from Cataract Surgery
My 48 year old  husband had his second cataract surgery this past Thursday. His first surgery went well and he has 20/20 in his left eye. The right eye has been totally different. He has bright redness in the white of his eye,it itches and blurred vision and also a tightness feeling in hie eye. There is no pain but I'm very concerned. He went for his followup visit the next day and the doctor said everything looked good. How long do these side effects last and are they normal. Please someone respond. Thank you~
Dear Kitten48,

I would recommend that your husband see his eyeMD to determine the cause of his symptoms.  The redness, eye itchiness and blurriness may not all be related to the procedure.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California