Silicone oil question
Hi, can you tell me, what effects does silicone oil has when it reaches lets say expiration date, I heard that some silicone oils have low life time... I'm asking because I have silicon oil for four months now, and last 2 weeks I started to notice, I dont know how to describe exactly, like black hole that's burning, that coms for a few seconds at bright light, and then dissapears... vision is stil normal, as it was before that... So is that oil getting old (has low lifetime) and that is why my surgeon wants to remove it, or what?

I am not aware of such a problem in the US.  However, the hospital throw away or return items which are expired.  I know of patient with silicone oil in the eye for years.  It can lead to some loss of retinal function in time.

Dr. O.
What is the best way to sleep FOREVER with permanent silicone oil in aphakic eye?
Sleeping on back is not an option FOREVER?