Eye Care Community
Silicone oil removal + cataracts removal after an RD- Countdown

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Hi all
After a lovely period just taking a peek at Eye care comunity and posting only about my furry darlings girls,here am I again...
Just set my surgery for 23th June,I'm A LOT worried and nervous about, not only for the surgery but because many other problems are happening in the family (health issues with relatives as well) and now I have my cats to care of, besides myself.
Doctor added to my file a revision of the previous surgery to be done in last appointment.
Is this normal or he's suspecting something? Will increase the risks of a re detachment or the duration of the surgery?
How many time the whole surgery will take?
I CANT ASK this to my surgeon since now Im at a school hospital and not even know How will be the one...
How many time I will not be able to lift something like 1kg of cat food?
Any other think I should know?
Thanks!
You can lift the cat food.  Addendum are added to operative note, not often.  I can not answer the rest of your questions-there is too little information and I have not examined you.

Dr. O.
Thank you for the reply, I already posted many details of my case some time ago,so I skipped then now
My Retina Detachment Rhegmasomething was is december 2008,I ve got a vitrectomy via pars plana and silicone oil that I keep til now.
I could have taken it off soon cos the retina was sealed but it was not worth  to do it without do the cataracts and those was not done for "techinical problems" (public health service)
Now the cataract is really bad and its more than time to get rid off.
I was monitored sporadically all this time and doctors always said it was all OK
Needless to say,Im still afraid of needing some gas instead if some redetachment happens - the idea of positioning scares me to death
Just arrived from the hospital,I went there to set ma APA ( avaluation by anestesist - day 16/june )
Ps
Rereading my question I've found something dubious.
The revision is supposed to be done during the surgery I'm going to suffer
Thats why I asked about taking more time than usually
Hi, dear its all right with you?
Hey, sorry I couldn't answer you sooner.

I think that the revisions to the surgery should be ok. Doctors often make little revisions and things happen that make them change their minds, even during surgery. So don't worry.

The surgery shouldn't take too long and recovery should be quick.

Good luck!!

Thank you!
Just hope they NEVER decide for gas to be placed.
I will have APA( avaluation by anestesist ) day 16th June and I have intention of making a quite private birthday party, me,kids and Loreena day 11th - i decided she will have birthdays the same day than me,since I've no idea the day she was born  :-)
Take care you too!
What about cleaning litters?
I mean the position,not that "contamination " stuff ,girls were dewormed
It should be fine.

I hope surgery goes well!
Thing is pretty near now...
Hope I can return on line soon and return normal life sooner ...