Aa
A
A
Close
Silicone oil
I have just read on my original post that there are possible side effects to leaving silicone oil in your eye.  My surgeon is thinking maybe this is what I may need since my retina has detached now for the 3rd time.  After removing the oil for the second time I could see clearly and read out of that eye but with the oil in it everything was blurry.  Is this what my vision will always be as long as oil stays in my eye?  
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
203589 tn?1267478770
More than likely yes, your vision w/ silicone oil will be worse than without the oil, if your retina is attached. However, in many patients vision w/ silicone oil is not too terrible as it is clear.
Yes, there are side effects to oil retention such as papillary block, cataract formation, oil migration to the AC, etc., which is generally why surgeons like to remove oil if possible when the retina is completely stable.
Be sure to talk w/ your doctor about your concerns. I'm sure after already having been through the process a couple of times you are well educated on the matter.
Good luck w/your surgery.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
233488 tn?1310696703
-
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources