Eye Care Expert Forum
Slanted Vision

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Slanted Vision

I just got new glasses with progressive lenses and my vision is slanted downward - forward.  Also, when I look at my computer screen the sides slant in from top to bottom. I am also getting some shadowing - double vision.  I have been wearing invisible bifocals for 10 years and have not had this problem before.

Can you tell me what the problem might be? Should I have my eyes tested again?
Yes.  They need to check and make sure the prescription was correct and that the prescription matches the glasses that were made.  Also, if there was a significant change in the cylinder or astigmatism of the glasses, your brain may not adjust very easily.  You could also just not like the progressives very much (less likely with the slanted vision).  Most optometrists are very nice about it if you go back to them and will correct their mistake or miscalculation or misjudgement at no additional cost to you.  Just take them back and tell them what the problem is.

HV