Eye Care Community
Small Spot In eye when blinking and eye movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Okay I have had this eye problem that is in both eyes my right and left but are in different locations its whenever I blink or move my eyes fast I see a small darkish colored spot in my right eye just to the left of the center of my vision and this spot only appears if I'm near close up objects and blink but as I get farther away from an object the spot fades away and is barely noticeable it also seems to appear when i enter dim lighted rooms when coming from a bright room and it seems to appear as a redish color. and I've been to 2 Ophthalmologists and they both can't explain what it is and said its normal I'm only 18 years old and have no family history of any eye disease no cataracts no macular degeneration etc..

(this is not an eye floater because this spot is stationary)
Any idea what this could be Thanks.
Oh and One more thing this spot is very small like smaller than a dime but its just so strange what's causing this because it also seems to have a blurr effect with eye movement also then fades away when I stop moving my eyes
Most likely it is a pressure induced phosphene a form of entopic phenomena. there is a conversation string running over 4 years and close to 300 posts about people that see a flash of light when they blink. You might join that discussion and start reading their posts.

The continued interest seems strange to me as it is a normal reaction in the eye and one I have myself

JCH MD