Eye Care Expert Forum
Small white bumps in corner of the eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Small white bumps in corner of the eye

Over the last few years i've noticed 2 small bumps growing in the corner of my eye (slightly less than 1mm across I think). The bumps aren't on the white of the eye, but rather on the bottom lid in the corner slightly up from the tear duct. Although they don't cause me any discomfort I can feel them when I rub the corner of my eye, and people sometimes think I have something in the corner of my eye.

Any help on identifying what these are would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks - Sarah
Sarah you will need to see an Eye MD physician-ophthalmologist to get a diagnosis: could be cyst, plugged oil gland, benign growth or even the lid puncta which are the bumps that contain the opening of the tear ducts.

JCH III MD