Eye Care Community
Socket Soreness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Socket Soreness

I have soreness--much like how a bruise feels elsewhere--under my  left eye (the socket). It's a superficial pain (not headache-related). I haven't been hit recently---nor is there a reason (something that would cause it--like a poke, hit, etc) for it? Any other ideas? Pressing lightly on it, I can tell it's not the bone below my eye, nor my eye that is "bruised"?
It could be an early stye, you would need to watch to be sure its not the early prodrome of Herpes Zoster (shingles), the inferior orbital nerve could have been bruised, weird stuff lie a tooth abscess could cause the symptoms.

If it gets worse see a physician.

JCH MD