Eye Care Community
Solar Retinopathy?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Solar Retinopathy?

Hi,

I am a 28 year old male. Last week I viewed the sunset for about 10-15 mins at a time, for about 3-4 days (during sunset times, the last 20-40 mins of sun). For some strange reason, I let myself stare directly at the sun during some of these occasions.

A few days ago I noticed a sudden change in my color vision, this was especially evident in Traffic lights. Most red traffic lights now look pink or magenta, also, green lights look aqua blue. I am also noticing fatigue and sensitivity to light. Some blurry vision at night etc. The strange thing is that this color change is almost only apparent with lights or colors on computer monitors.

What could this be? Solar Retinopathy?

Any help would be greatly apprecitaed, I would also really appreciate some advise on what to do for the immediate time, i.e. rest, avoid light, avoid computers, etc.

Thank you so much, God bless.

-Arthur
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Read the discussions, both are possible, 1. it goes way leaves no damage 2. goes away but leaves damage 3. doesn't go away or gets worse.

JCH MD
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Yes it could be solar retinopathy. Use the search feature and archives. We have had several discussions on this within the past 60 days. You will not hurt your eyes by reading, light, uring computers now. There are other possible causes. You need to make an appointment to see an opht;halmologist Eye MD. Have your family MD refer you or if you live in the USA find one at www.geteyesmart.org

JCH MD
Blank
Thank you Dr.

Can this go away with time? Can it not? I am a bit scared.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Read the discussions, both are possible, 1. it goes way leaves no damage 2. goes away but leaves damage 3. doesn't go away or gets worse.

JCH MD
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank