Eye Care Expert Forum
Sore eyes in the morning

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Sore eyes in the morning
About two/three months ago i complained to my GP of headaches in my temples that came and went and sinus type problems and he explained that there was nothing wrong. He looked behind my eye and said that there was no increased pressure or anything.

Since then the headaches have basically gone but ive had very tired eyes some days. Sometimes i dont notice it but other times i can. I do go on my computer alot but its never really effected me before. This morning however i woke up with sore eyes! Its been about 20 minutes and i still have them. They arent as bad as when i woke up but they still hurt. I remember wearing my contacts all day yesterday (i dont wear them much anymore) and the day before that i wore them too. Last night my eyes felt really strained and tired so i went to bed early but now ive woken up with this eye pain. The eye pain doesnt get worse or anything when i look at the sky so i dont know whether that means im sensitive to light or not? But when i stress out i think they get worse.

Should i be worried? Or could this just be dry eye? Ive never been diagnosed by my doctor with dry eye before so i dont really know what it is or the symptoms or how to stop it if it is dry eye.

Thanks for your help =)
99.9% of the time the cause is the contact lens. Many patients, especially females, are unable to continue to wear contacts due to dry eyes. Leave your contacts  out, use artifical tears and call your contact lens fitter.

JCH MD
I had a bit of dull pain in my left temple as well for awhile
And i dont think its allergies because (eventhough its summer) its been raining and flooding alot
I put in some eye drops as well which seemed to help alot but theres still a bit of pain and a dull ache as well just above my eyes

What is wrong with me :(
-
Woke up in the morning feeling like I got punched on my left eye than 3 days later my eye got really watery, redness, the pain got worst as well. What is wrong with me? Please help!