Aa
A
A
Close
Speckles in vision
I've been noticing the past 3 days that my vision has been getting worse than usual. I don't wear glasses or contacts. Lately I've been seeing what looks like static (or "snow") from both my eyes. Like what you might see on a tv channel thats messed up. It isn't that bad but enough for me to notice a change. It's something I usually only saw in the dark but now I see it all the time day or night. I've also been noticing that my vision has been getting a little worse lately. I know I also have astigmatism but it wasn't that bad where I needed glasses. I've been noticing that words sometimes get blurry but I can still read and see fine. What's bothering me is the "snow". What could be causing this? Is it something to worry about?

This was a previous post i found on the site.... I am having the exact same problem and just want to know whats wrong... Just today I have seen a regular care doctor a neurologist an optomatrist and an ENT. I have an MRI and catskan scheduled next week as well as an appt with an optomologist. I just want to know what it is so im not so worried.

Thanks a ton

This discussion is related to I'm seeing static or light speckles.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
No one can tell you what it is but needing glasses never cause that kind of symptom.

If the ENT and neurologist don't come up with anything see a  neuroophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I've had speckled, pixelated vision since I was 12 years old in both eyes (I'm 33). I have no idea what the cause is / was. Everything I see day and night is like watching a tv with low resolution, I used to look at the night sky a lot when I was younger, now when I do this I just see millions of dots (orangy in colour flaring). It's not a big deal in the sense that it hasn't changed my life in any significant way. It is pronounced though and I visited an opthamologist recently since I was concerned that it has got worse. The opthamologist I visited found nothing wrong with the eye and along with my optician looked at me as if I was making it up - which is pretty frustrating, I've never had any other health issues. Can anyone shed (non-speckled) light please.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
Top Eye Care Answerers
177275 tn?1438375244
Blank