Eye Care Community
Speckles in vision

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Speckles in vision

I've been noticing the past 3 days that my vision has been getting worse than usual. I don't wear glasses or contacts. Lately I've been seeing what looks like static (or "snow") from both my eyes. Like what you might see on a tv channel thats messed up. It isn't that bad but enough for me to notice a change. It's something I usually only saw in the dark but now I see it all the time day or night. I've also been noticing that my vision has been getting a little worse lately. I know I also have astigmatism but it wasn't that bad where I needed glasses. I've been noticing that words sometimes get blurry but I can still read and see fine. What's bothering me is the "snow". What could be causing this? Is it something to worry about?

This was a previous post i found on the site.... I am having the exact same problem and just want to know whats wrong... Just today I have seen a regular care doctor a neurologist an optomatrist and an ENT. I have an MRI and catskan scheduled next week as well as an appt with an optomologist. I just want to know what it is so im not so worried.

Thanks a ton

This discussion is related to I'm seeing static or light speckles.
No one can tell you what it is but needing glasses never cause that kind of symptom.

If the ENT and neurologist don't come up with anything see a  neuroophthalmologist. Find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD
I've had speckled, pixelated vision since I was 12 years old in both eyes (I'm 33). I have no idea what the cause is / was. Everything I see day and night is like watching a tv with low resolution, I used to look at the night sky a lot when I was younger, now when I do this I just see millions of dots (orangy in colour flaring). It's not a big deal in the sense that it hasn't changed my life in any significant way. It is pronounced though and I visited an opthamologist recently since I was concerned that it has got worse. The opthamologist I visited found nothing wrong with the eye and along with my optician looked at me as if I was making it up - which is pretty frustrating, I've never had any other health issues. Can anyone shed (non-speckled) light please.