Eye Care Community
Splinter in eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Splinter in eye

I have a splinter which is embedded in my eye just below my pupil. It has now worked its way completely below the surface and all attempts to remove it have failed. I am unable to get immediate medical assistance and am currently unable to close my eye without servere discomfort. Is there anyway I can remove this myself without causing thurther damage?
I am not a physician, but you need to seek help from one asap.

If you are unable to close your eye without severe discomfort and you are certain that there is a splinter in your eye you are left with little options.  Organic matter (wood) can cause a higher incidence of infection in ocular injuries.

Your sight and your eye is very valuable to you, go see someone!
Consider this a threat to your eyesight. Go to an emergency room immediately.

JCH MD
The problem is due to my current location it will be at least 24 hours before I can get any professional care.
Then get started. There is really nothing you can do for yourself.
JCH MD