Sports Collision
I was playing OF on a baseball team, freak accident occurred. Keep in mind I'm 25. The CF and I collided, both diving for a ball hit in between us. Full speed... He suffered a dislocated elbow. I suffered a black eye, a splitting headache, and some scrapes below the eye. Made contact on my right side, top of the mouth/right below the eye area.  I was checked by the EMT for serious signs of anything, told me I should get checked out but I looked fine. Its been about 4 days since that happened. The black eye looks 200% better and my headache is gone but I have blood (in the white part of my eye). I looked it up said it was some sort of hemorrhage that goes away in a couple weeks(?). I also blew my nose yesterday, of coarse blood came out. It also came out this morning. I'm also having some soreness in my front teeth but if that continues through tomorrow I'm going to the dentist for it, could be a number of things.
Thanks in advance for any advice or answers.
Are you experiencing numbness or tingling in your lip or teeth? The nerve which supplies sensation to this part of your face runs through the lower part of the bony eye socket. Also, the "floor" of the bony eye socket is the "roof" of the empty sinus which, from your description, is now filled with blood. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a orbital floor fracture. It may not need treatment. Do you have double vision? Either way you need to seek the care of an ophthalmologist (Eye MD) who specializes in these types of injuries and you may need a CT (cat) scan. The bleeding around the white of the eye is benign as long as it does not cover 100% of the eye. Go seek care soon. Today or tomorrow.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, M.D.
Thank you sir. I actually went to a dentist, one who had great reviews in facial trauma. My teeth pain GREATLY increased and everything else has gotten slightly better. He took x-rays, where the orbital bone was available. Nothing was wrong in the xray, but he did say the pain is nerve related. I will go see an optomitrist as well, its just everything around the eye including the blood has really started to clear up. I didnt have any vision problems, minus it being swollen the couple days prior to the collision. Thank you for all your advice, it is greatly appreciated.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.