Eye Care Expert Forum
Static circular waves and losing vision.
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Static circular waves and losing vision.
I had Lumbar fusion 4 months ago( L4 S1) and have been having strange vision problems since. I experience what I refer to as static circles that block out parts of my vision and then slowly drift to the left until they are no longer visible. I was able to read anything before I had this surgery and now find it very difficult at times to see the letters or numbers at all. When I brought this up to my Neurosurgeon at the 1 month post op visit, he said "hmm" and then told me to stop taking the Nuerotin that had been subscribed nerves pain. I have taken no medications, including pain medications since and my eyes are not getting better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
284078 tn?1282620298
You're going to have to see an ophthalmologist.  Your symptoms are vaguely suggestive of a visual migraine and sometimes  a transient ischemic attack can have transient loss of vision as a symptom.  I do not relate your symptoms to your back problems in any way.

MJK MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
This Forum's Experts
233488 tn?1310696703
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker