Strabismus
My son just recently turned 11. And for the past week he was complaining about having double vision. I took him to the Emergency room, only because he told me he fell, so u was worried about a concussion. They did a CT scan and it came back clear. He has an appointment to see an ophthalmologist soon, but today I noticed his eye is actually crossed. I know that it can happen to small children and babies, but I didn't think it was normal for someone above the age of 8. I am just wondering if it could be something as simple as needing an eye patch/glasses, or even surgery (not that surgery is simple) or should I be worried about something much more scary like cancer, or autoimmune. Please help, I would like to know how much I should panic right now. We just recently moved from California to Hawaii, and if it is something major, I will be taking him back to the mainland.  
No way to tell you how much to worry until you see the ophthalmologist. This could be a simple glasses problem like uncorrected farsightness (hyperopia) but could also be a sign of something more serious that may require the ophthalmologist to do more testing.

JCH MD