Eye Care Expert Forum
Sty Won't Go Away
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Sty Won't Go Away
Months ago I got a sty on my top eyelid and it was swollen and painful for about a week and then it seemed to go away. Only it left a small hard bump on my eyelid. It's painless and hasn't gotten any worse which is why I haven't seen a doctor. I just really want this bump to go away because it makes my eye look funny.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488 tn?1310696703
Styes don't normally hang around like that but chalazion's do. Use the search feature and archives to read about chalazion treatment.

JCH MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
Thank you. After researching it does sound like a chalazion, and it seems the only at home treatment is a hot compress four times a day. So I'm going to try that and I hope it goes away on its own. I don't know though, I've had it for such a long time.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
233488 tn?1310696703
If its large and noticible you can see an eye MD, ideally a oculoplastic surgery (find one at www.aao.org) and discuss steroid injection or incision and currettement.

JCH MD
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now