Eye Care Community
Stye or something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Stye or something else?

I have a small stye like thing on the lower lid of my right eye. A few days back, I was taking out pasta full of marinara sauce from the microwave,it burst out and some of its hot sauce fell on my right eye. After that, the whole lower lid swelled. I went to the eye doc and he said its a stye and to take care of it using warm towel on your lower lid. I had that stye like thing before the marinara sauce incident happened. The swelling went away but the stye like thing is still there and it doesnt pain at all even when I touch it. Is it something else?
No way I can tell. Sauce in the eye doesn't cause styes, it could cause other problems. You will need to see an Eye MD to look at your eye.

JCH MD
Friday my right eye started paining now for 4 days. Star under eye ljd
It is called a "stye" not a "star".  You need to see an ophthalmologist Eye MD for a diagnosis and treatment. Find one at www.aao.org or ask your family MD to refer you.

JC MD