Eye Care Community
Stye or something else?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stye or something else?

I have a small stye like thing on the lower lid of my right eye. A few days back, I was taking out pasta full of marinara sauce from the microwave,it burst out and some of its hot sauce fell on my right eye. After that, the whole lower lid swelled. I went to the eye doc and he said its a stye and to take care of it using warm towel on your lower lid. I had that stye like thing before the marinara sauce incident happened. The swelling went away but the stye like thing is still there and it doesnt pain at all even when I touch it. Is it something else?