Eye Care Expert Forum
Sudden Blurred vision in left eye.

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Sudden Blurred vision in left eye.
Last week I woke up and noticed that my the vision in my left eye was extremely blurred. It lasted for about 30 minutes then faded.
This has happened about two more times since then and is only when I wake up.
I have an eye appointment in about 4 weeks but this has been kinda freaking me out. I'm worried that I'm getting ready to have a stroke or that I have an aneursym leaking, or a brain tumor.

I have really bad eyes, and my left eye has always been weaker then my right eye. My current glasses are over 5 years old and broken in a few places which means the lenses don't always sit where they are supossed to, and whenever I read I always read with my right eye only, and close my left eye (weird habit)... Could any of these problems be causing it?

I also have TMJ which also causes all sorts of problems, including headaches, and neck pain etc... And I don't know if those pains are related to the sudden blurred vision or are from the TMJ.
Dear xxstacersxx,

It is important that you seek the care of an eyeMD immediately. You may be having a transient ischemic attack, migraines, or other vascular condition.  The history of TMJ may also be significant.  IT would not wait four weeks to see the eyeMD.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California