Eye Care Expert Forum
Sudden Busted Blood Vessels in Eye

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Sudden Busted Blood Vessels in Eye
I woke up this morning and the entire upper half of my left eye looks bloody.  Like every blood vessel is busted.  I didn't injure my eye, it doesn't hurt, doesn't seem to be effecting my vision.  But looks awful and kind of freaked me out.  Is it the sign of something serious or will it just go away on its own?
This is a common finding. If you have no bleeding problems and no high blood pressure then this is most likely nothing to worry about. It happens when a small blood vessel pops just under the surface of the eye. Of course, we cannot diagnose for sure by Internet.  -RSR MD
A related discussion, Blood coming out from the eyes was started.