Sudden Myopia at age 24
I've always had perfect vision but when I started to study more intensively (10 hours a day, at a close range) at age 24, after just about one semester (perhaps less) I noticed I had trouble focusing on distant objects. The condition got a little bit worse but then stabilized (I am now 28 years old).

It is not severe and I don't need to use glasses but things that I could easily read before are now a bit blurry.

I sometimes feel a very light pressure in the eye but I think that it is unrelated and caused by stress.

What could be the cause? Is it simply that I stare at books and computer screens all day?

Thanks for your time!
The role of near tasks such as reading, computers, ipads, sewing, etc. in causing myopia has been studied for over a century but definitive data is not clearly established. It is fair to say that myopia is more common in people that do a lot of near work but it likely is not the only cause nor can myopia be prevented by preventing people from doing near work.

I was 24 also and in medical school when I started needing glasses for myopia.

JCH MD
Thank you, I am very grateful for your answer!
you are welcome. BTW  some studies have shown that myopes have higher IQs and achieve more in academics than hyperopes on emmetropes (no glasses)
JCH MD