Eye Care Community
Sudden cross eye problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Sudden cross eye problem

Every once in awhile and all of a sudden my right eye starts to "cross".  Of course this causes blurred vision etc...   It happened today so I closed the affected eye for a few minutes in order to see normally and it eventually passed.   Why does it do this?   I have no history of migraines, I am 55, and wear trivocals.
You should see an ophthalmologist.  This could be due to a number of problems including neurological ones.

Dr. O.
This is happening to me too.  It started with vertigo, now my eyes are crossing causing blurred vision.  More than once I noticed in the mirror that my left eye also dilates very large and I have double vision.  I have had an MRI and MRA and they were normal.  I had open heart surgery 3 years ago for ASD, and I am not currently on any medication.  My blood pressure is slightly high.  I do not have insurance right now and these bills are adding up.  I saw a neurologist and did not get any answers.  I am 53 year old female.  I don't know if the vertigo and the eyes crossing are related or not.