Eye Care Expert Forum
Sudden one eye becomes smaller than other

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

I have an strange problem till 3 days back my eyes where normal i mean to say same size when i open them
From past 3 days when i woke up eye's are normal but after say 3 to 4 hour one eye becomes smaller than other i can see only half in one eye. When i try to open it i get tired due to this i am not abel to concentrate on any thing i feel some thing that i have an eye problem which i never had it before my eye sight is very good 6/6. Could u please help me out to sort out this problem

Thanks and waiting for reply
Rohan
Dear softcome,

It is important for you to see an eyeMD. There are systemic conditions in which the eyelid becomes droopy.  You should undergo a complete history and physical.

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California

Thanks a lot for giving me advise i will meet docotor as soon as possible

Thanking you once again

Rohan (softcorne)
Thank you so much for having all the above posted.
  Again, it is a Friday night and no chance of getting an appt. I have had a weepy eye for about 2 months now. I have been given antibiotic eye drops twice and they have not worked. I bought new eye glasses after an eye exam about 2 months ago. I also have a thyroid problem for the past 10 yrs. And had major brain surgery for an aneurysm back in 1989. Tonight I was having major issues yet again with the same eye. Took a closer look and found one eye to be significantly smaller than the other. I called this day for an appointment and they can't see me until August 1st. Do you feel it to be okay to wait this long? I greatly appreciate any advise.
Lady-***@****    
Thank you so much Dr. Feldman for such a great website! It helped ease my anxiety to know there was nothing major wrong. I know my problem needs attention and I will be sure to obtain it A.S.A.P.
Lady-***@****