Eye Care Expert Forum
Sudden waves in vision and not being able to see clearly

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Yesterday, all of a sudden, my vision got blurred and I was seeing like and electic current wave, I put cold papertowels on my eyes, got really scared as I could not focus them. then after about 30mins they started to clear today I am fine, other than a slight headache and pain behind one of my eyes, its the weirdest things I am 52 years old
Sounds like it could be a posterior vitreous detachment (an age-related phenomena that requires observation) or an early sign of a retinal detachment (may require surgical treatment).  Most likely the former but the only way to be sure is to have a complete dilated exam by your local ophthalmologist.