Sunburn under eye
I just started again with contacts, and my company had a picnic Friday at a pool.  I was out in the pool area just sitting on one of the chairs for about an hour (around 1 or 2 P.M.).  Stupid me, I had not put any lotion on, but that area of the skin usually does not get any sun because of my glasses (I didn't have any sunglasses because my usual glass have a tint to them).  Underneath my right eyes is red and swollen looking--not bad enough to swell but it looks like a black eye just without the black eye.  What should I do?  I hate to say it but skin cancers run a lot in my family--grandmother, mother, aunts and uncles.  What should I do?  Should I go to a doctor about this?  I have been putting lotion and aloe vera gel on it for the last two days, but I want to do whatever is necessary.  I read somewhere about cold compresses.  Will that make the swelling go down?  Thank you for advising me.

This discussion is related to Eye redness.
Call whomever fit your contacts and ask for their advise. You may need to go in for an exam. Don't do this again.

JCH II MD