Eye Care Community
Sunburnt Eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Sunburnt Eyes

I was at an outdoor festival all weekend and had no sunglasses.  It was 90 degrees and sunny the entire time.  My eyes got badly burned, and are red and stinging.  I took a bath and my eyes got wet in the tub.  When I got out and looked in the mirror, my eyes are lumpy, yellowish, and red.  Please help!!!  Should I panic or relax?
This should get better in a day if not see an EyeMD.  You probably have solor keratitis.  It is also possible that it is pink eye and not related to the sun.

Dr. O.