Eye Care Community
Sunglasses after IOL surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sunglasses after IOL surgery

I have Restor IOL lenses in both eyes after cataract surgery approximately four months ago.  I'm a golfer and would like to buy golf sunglasses because regular sunglasses aren't working well on the course.  Some golf sunglasses are polarized.  Since vision with the Restor lenses is very much affected by lighting conditions, I'm wondering if it would be better or worse with polarization.  These sunglasses are fairly expensive, so if anyone has any input on this, I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you.
Tags: cataract, golf, iol, Restor lens
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
Try a bigger hat with bill and NOIR or wrap around type of sunglasses that have side shields and top shields. They fit over regualr sunglasses or prescription clear glasses. They are also worn after cataract surgery. any optical usually has them for sale.

JCH MD
Blank
I have a Restor in my left eye and I wear amber colored Bolle polarized sunglasses for driving.  They do wrap around the eye area.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity