Surgery for mole on caruncle
My 9 year old daughter has a mole on her right caruncle.  The eye lid surgeon has indicated that he doesn't think it's a threat to her vision or health but still recommends that it be removed.  

I agreed to the procedure when the doctor said it would be an easy surgery, that it would take no more than ten minutes and they would use gas.  Now, it's gone to intubating her to put her under, twenty minutes of surgery and an hour of recovery.

Is intubation necessary for this type of procedure
This is safe for a 9 year old.  That is minimal anesthesia.

Dr. O.
I have to have my caruncla removed as it has become a tumor which my eye doctor advised me could happen in some people.  I was told there is no cure.  I have to have the tumor removed.  I am wondering what the process is for removing the tumor and what to expect after the procedure.  As assistance you can give would be great
Hi Maryann,
I don't know why, but the doctors no longer respond in this community.  Perhaps a knowledgable member will reply with their personal experience.  Best wishes.