Swelling at back of eye
Hello-  My husband came home from the eye dr today and told me he is sending him to a specialist for swelling at the back of his left eye.  My husband went to the eye dr because about a month ago he was jabbed in the eyeball by a blue spruce needle and it "bruised" it.  Of course, there was the spot of blood that was as a big as a pencil eraser and it has finally went away.  This was a follow up and routine eye exam since it had been 3 years since his last exam.  The eye dr told him it is usually caused by stress (he says he is under none and doesn't seem to be), but he needs to be seen soon.  Additionally, the eye dr told him that there was probably nothing that would be done other than to monitor it.  It is not interfering with his vision and he does not even feel it.  Please advise what this could be or the severity of it.  Thanks!
Oh and the eye dr said the swelling was probably unrelated to his eye injury
The description is most like central serous retinopathy. Use the search feature and archives to read about it.

JCH MD