Eye Care Community
Swelling under left eye

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swelling under left eye

Can stress and lack of sleep stress the eye to the point that fluid will settle under the eye? I have a pocket of swelling under the left eye. Lower eye lid is puffy. Inside of lower eye lid is quite red. Right eye is fine. Does not seem to be sinus related. I have no pain. I was diagnosed many years ago with astigmatism in that eye but am unsure if it is related. I wear glasses part of the day. Problem started about 5 days ago.
It's not likely stress of lack of sleep causes this. The pocket of swelling might be caused in allergy, some irritant that has got into your eyes, reaction of medications.

If you've seen no improvement in 5 days I would make an appointment with an ophthalmologist (eye MD0 to get a proper diagnosis.

JCH III MD Eye Physician & Surgeon
fluid settled under my eyes for five years. And some times, when I wake up in the morning,  I see that fluid running under my skin and makes a bubles on the top of my cheeks. I went to the eye doctor every thing was fine. can be related to the heart and kidney problem? I went to the lung doctor. He told me the chanel of my nose is blocked and the stuff the supposed to come from my nose it goes under my eyes and my chest that I usually clear my voice a lot.And I have to go to the eye doctor to open that chanell from the corner of my eyes. wheh I mentioned this to eye doctor they didn't know about it. please give me some information about it.
thank you