Swollen, itchy,painful eyelids and under eyes
I have this problem every winter and it usually lasts until about May or June.  My eyelids will get red and swollen, sometimes dry, itchy and flaky,  tearing will sting the eyelids.  Underneath the eye swells too.  I haven't been wearing contacts for months. The irritation also comes around my mouth.  It doesn't usually touch the lips. Last year  I was told it was ezcema.  I use Cetaphil moisturizing bar soap and cream.  I don't want to go another winter like this,  It has  just started up this week.

Any ideas?
You don't get eczema on the eyes but it can effect the eyelids. Ask your dermatologist about the possibility of using eczema medication around the eyes. You can also try a eyelid skin moisturizer like Refresh-PM over the counter, doesn't matter if it gets in the eye.

Another possibility is dry eyes. Use the search feature and archives to read about treatment of dry eyes.

JCH MD