Eye Care Expert Forum
Swollen Cornea

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Swollen Cornea
ckd
I was told two weeks ago I had a severe case of pink eye caused by a virus, which has caused my cornea to swell.  I wasn't given any drops or any medication.    The redness and tearing went away the next day, however, my vision is still just as blurry as it was two weeks ago, if not a little worse.  How long does it usually take for the vision to return to normal?
You could have viral conjuctivitis or EKC in which case it could take several weeks or even months to get better.  I don't have enough specific information or photos of your case.  You may very well need to be on eyedrops and frankly, I'm a little surprised you were not given at least some medication to at least reduce your symptoms if nothing else.  Make sure you see an ophthalmologist right away for follow up on this bothersome - but hopefully - improving problem.

MJK MD
A related discussion, Swollen Cornea was started.