Eye Care Community
Swollen Eye and Cheek (right side only)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swollen Eye and Cheek (right side only)

I don't really have a question.  I just wanted to offer some info that might be helpful.  I thought I had a sinus infection because I had pain in mouth and swelling and then I thought maybe teeth.  After research, seeing different doctors and realizing that I had experienced previous problems with this (and had stopped wearing night mouthguard), I went to dentist for a new mouthguard.  I have bruxism (grinding of teeth, mostly at night) (a common problem) and have had it for years.  It leads to TMJ, which can cause many different problems, swelling, pain, numbness, deafness, blindness, etc.  It is so important to wear your night mouthguard.  My dental hygienist told me that she had experienced many of these problems and then they dissipated over time because she started wearing her nightguard again.  Bruxism (grinding of teeth) can also lead to back and neck problems, etc.  This syndrome goes undiagnosed and unnecessary drugs are often prescribed for the wrong things.  It is good to ask doctor or dentist to see if you are a "grinder."  The dentist can tell.  A mouthgard is relatively inexpensive compared to the stress and $$$ of doctor's visits and unnecessary meds.  

This discussion is related to Swollen eye/s.
I disagree with your attributing blindness to TMJ. Doesn't happen, can't happen, none of the eye sight nerves are near the TMJ. My experience is that way to much is attributed to TMJ I doubt there is any case of deafness due to TMJ also.

JCH MD