Eye Care Community
Swollen Red Burning Eyelids
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Swollen Red Burning Eyelids

HELP!  I have had red, very swollen burning eyelids for about a month or more now.  More swollen than ever and had to stop all makeup!  Patch test has come out negative to contact dermatitis... it is NOT blepharitis.  So frustrated because I have stopped wearing makeup, use contacts with no preservatives and nothing has helped.  Dermatologist is stumped.  I have also seen my eye dr and he is baffled too.  I look awful!! Any ideas?  I have been using a non steriod topical prescription cream too. Does nothing.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
See an ophthalmologist, if possible one that specializes in external and cornea disease. IF you live in the USA find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Blank
I have had the same thing for years. I mean "years"! only one thing has ever helped me and it is only temporary relief. I take predisone. That's right the steroid. Unfortunately, I can't take it every day. I use it sparingly.
today is one of those days. I woke up with my eyes burning and really swollen. Crusty crap all around and in my eyes and what I call "oily tears".
I look like rocky on heroin.
I took two 20 mg pred tabs. I'll take two tomorrow too. that might give me a week of relief. "might" is the key word.
Like you, no doctor has ever been able to help me. And I have seen them all.
I feel for you. I really do.
Blank
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources