Aa
A
A
Close
Swollen Red Burning Eyelids
HELP!  I have had red, very swollen burning eyelids for about a month or more now.  More swollen than ever and had to stop all makeup!  Patch test has come out negative to contact dermatitis... it is NOT blepharitis.  So frustrated because I have stopped wearing makeup, use contacts with no preservatives and nothing has helped.  Dermatologist is stumped.  I have also seen my eye dr and he is baffled too.  I look awful!! Any ideas?  I have been using a non steriod topical prescription cream too. Does nothing.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233488_tn?1310696703
See an ophthalmologist, if possible one that specializes in external and cornea disease. IF you live in the USA find one at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have had the same thing for years. I mean "years"! only one thing has ever helped me and it is only temporary relief. I take predisone. That's right the steroid. Unfortunately, I can't take it every day. I use it sparingly.
today is one of those days. I woke up with my eyes burning and really swollen. Crusty crap all around and in my eyes and what I call "oily tears".
I look like rocky on heroin.
I took two 20 mg pred tabs. I'll take two tomorrow too. that might give me a week of relief. "might" is the key word.
Like you, no doctor has ever been able to help me. And I have seen them all.
I feel for you. I really do.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488_tn?1310696703
-
Comment
Cancel
233488_tn?1310696703
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Swollen Red Burning Eyelids
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources