Eye Care Expert Forum
Swollen Sore Lower Eyelid-Please help me!

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Hi, I'm currently in high school now, and yesterday, I woke up with a swollen sore lower left eyelid.  It's kind of uncomfortable, and it hurts every time I blink.  I've never worn glasses or contacts before, so I do not think its caused by that.  My mom won't take me to the doctor to check it out either.  Please help me, I don't want to be stuck like this!
You should ask your parents to take you to an ophthalmologist to get checked for your problem which may be a chalazion or other problem.  I'm sorry but, I just here to give you good advice.  If you have to - you can show this to your parents and let them know that they should take you to the eye doctor - ophthalmologist.

MJK MD