Swollen carancula? Looks like I have three eyelids
This is something that just happened. I had a feeling of something foreign in my eye and when I went to the mirror to check, the entire eye is red and it looks like I have an eyelid like a lizard or a cats third eyelid, if that explains it? It’s itchy and hurts when I close my eye. There’s also a feeling of “resistance” when I try to open my eyes wide.  There is a gooey substance that was the cause of my foreign object feeling and it had to be removed by pulling up my upper eyelash lid and grabbing it out with a q tip. It was a string that went from upper right corner to bottom left of my eye and balled up when removed. Not sure what the cause may be, but there aren’t any options aside from the emergency room at local hospital to go to. I have photos, but not sure how to post on here.
The important thing is whether you have removed all the foreign material from your eye. No way to tell that. You can use artificial tears, shower and wash you face, eyelids well.  If the material is gone you should be much better tomorrow. If you continue with pain, blurred vision, sensitivity to light and feeling something still in the eye you will need to go to ER or eye MD tomorrow.
Thank you very much! I did shower and wash then rinse and used a warm compress  when I was finished. There was some relief, but not much.  The strange thing is that the foreign material seemed to come from my eye itself. Is that possible or should I try again to rinse it?  

Appreciate your time,
Hopefully by now you are back to normal. When the eye is irritated like when something in it it waters to try and wash the material out and produces mucous to coat the foreign material with something soft. Likely you are seeing "foreign body mucous"  In any case if not back to normal now you should see an eye MD ophthalmologist or optometrist non MD