Swollen corner of eye lid
I have been having my right eye, the corner near the nose swell up for not reason over night in march.  it did this last year in march just once and never happened again.  but this march it did it 3 times in 3 weeks time.  always over night.  i first thought sinus so went to my ENT and he checked it out and said no, not my sinus.  if it happened again go to my eye dr.  it happened a week later and i went to see my eye dr.  he said my eyes were totally normal and said it could be an allergic reaction to something my eye was coming in contact with overnight like dust mites in my pillow. SO i bought a new pillow, change my pillow cases every night, wash my hair every night b/f going to bed just incase there was pollen in it, changed all my eye makeup, face wash, EVERYTHING!  And it has still happened perioically over the last 3 months!!  I'm going crazy trying to figure out what it is?  I'm enclosing a picture so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Anyone have anyting like this and give some advice as to what to do?? It never has any pain and will go back down to normal after being up a few hours, and it only happens during the night time. HELP  ANYONE
If it comes and goes quickly that is more likely an allergy since its only one side one would think of a contact allergy (not contactlens) but something your skin comes in contact with. I suggest you see an Eye MD ophthalmologist that specializes in cornea/external disease. Find one at www.aao.org    Take some pictures (the one you posted is out of focus) of the swelling and take them with you to the MD especially if it looks okay at the time of the appointment.  Treatment might consist of cool compresses and perhaps some benadryl.

JCHMD
the dr did give me Optivar to take when i went last time to see him for this.  Will Nasonex or nasal spray have this as a side effect?  I was thinking allergy too since it goes down within hours of getting up. But why does it only happen during the night time?? i've been reading other post here and it seems to happen overnight with a lot of those who have written on this board.  What is the deal with it happening during the sleeping hours and just in one eye and not the other??
No nasonex will not do this Optivar is an allergy drop. If you were allergic to dust, pollen etc it should be both eyes. If just one eye it usually indicates you have gotten something on the lid that caused the problem. Many many things can do that (this time of year plant juices, insecticides, herbicides, etc are common
JCH MD
OMG this has just happened to me also and seems it came on at night too.  I do have allergies and have been stuffy but my Left eye is identical to the photo and it drives you crazy and seems to like swell up then goes down and then up and down.  Its only been the last couple days but it makes me crazy because it feels wierd.
-
This has been happening to me too. I get that swelling in both eyes though. About 3 months ago, I got some tile mortar in my eyes( just a little) and they puffed up just like your picture. Now, anytime I get ANYTHING in my eyes , sweat, dust, pool water, or if they go from cold to warm too quickly, they puff up. It only happens to me during the day, and it will last well into the next day u til the swelling goes down. It's kind of embarrassing, so I don't go out when it happens. I feel like a mutant!  I read so where that it may be blepharitis, but I don't think so. I really wish I knew how to get the swelling down, and how to prevent it. I've tried warm and cold compress... Nothing.
This has happen to me several times during the last five years. Beside the swollen eyes, I get a bad headache with it. Went to the eye doctor and he couldn't tell me what was the cause of it, that he can only think that it was allergy. As the day goes by, the swollen and the headache goes away. Yesterday, I had a swollen eye after taken Motrin, and it got me to think if that can really be the cause of my swollen.
-
Exact same thing has been happening to me over the past few years. Recently happening more frequently.  Has anyone gotten a proper diagnosis or better yet a treatment that works?
Yup,

For me the cure--and I mean cure--was Patanol (now called Pataday) prescription antihistamine eyedrops every day. The problem was apparently an allergy to something that was releasing pollen at night.
This makes me feel a little better.My condition was also accompanied by a headache for two days. I can normally tell when I am having a sinus headache, which was exactly what I was feeling, and I could not get rid of it The headache stopped as soon as the swelling started. i also had eye swelling before and i went to an eye doctor who gave me prescription allergy drops and it went away.
Hello, I have been experiencing the same eye symptoms as u described. Did u ever find out what was causing this condition?

I am currently experiencing exactly what the photo shows. A puffiness in the corner of both eyes. It's probably seasonal allergies, but this is the first time I am getting this. I tried cool and also hot compresses with a washcloth. I put in eye drops (Azelastin hydrocloride) Ophthalmic solution. It's a little better but still there. I think I will try a to take some benadryl  if it doesn't get better soon. I may have to seek professional help.
I have the same thing usually it's after drinking alcohol the night before  
=