Eye Care Community
Swollen eyelid for about 3 weeks, not chalazion?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

8924953?1363131029
Hello everyone,

It started 3 weeks ago, I noticed my right eye was a bit swollen and heavy. It also felt more watery but there's no pain. I've been searching online and is seems like a chalazion but i have no bump at ALL. There's just redness all over my eyelid and it's just swollen and heavy-like. It's at its worst in the morning. I've been using warm compression and it does seem to get smaller and more "loose" (less tender) when I have it on my eye. What can it be? I'm pretty worried.. my swollen eye is looking "droopier" than my other eye.

Please and thanks for any advise/thoughts!
This is the sort of problem that needs a real eye exam by an ophthalmologist Eye MD.  Ask your family MD to refer you. the only thing you can do at home is the warm compresses as you are doing.

You can find an eye MD near you at www.geteyesmart.org

JCH MD