Eye Care Community
Swollen eyelid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swollen eyelid?

Okay, so the other day I noticed my right eye hurt on the bottom lid, and so I took my contacts out. I started noticing that the "sleepies" haha were kinda stuck in the corner of my eye. Everyone told me it was a stye, so I bought these drops and they stopped it from itching, but it was still swollen and hurt. Then, I woke up and it was gone. So, I was like cool, I can wear my contacts again. So, I put in a brand new pair. Now it's my left eye. This one is much more swollen, and there's no bump or anything. It's just swollen and hurts. Should I continue to use the drops?
Not sure.

Could be "pink eye" conjunctivitis as it often starts in one eye and appears in the other a few days later. This is very contageous. Eye is usually pink and tears alot. Has to get well on it's own as it is caused by a virus and has to run it's course.

Could be a reaction to your contact lens solution. This can show up suddenly. Try another kind of solution. Opti-free is a good choice.

Otherwise, see an eye MD opthalmologist to check it out. See aao.org for list of board-certified doctors in your area. This is a medical problem so medical insurance should cover this.