Eye Care Community
Swollen lower eye lid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swollen lower eye lid

2 evenings ago, my eye kind of hurt when I'd blink, felt like I had a bruise (hurts to blink and to touch). The following morning, my lower eye lid was swollen to part of my nose on that side.  Minor discomfort with a little to no itching, still feels like a bruise. There was no irratition of the eye itself, totally clear. Inside the lower eyelid there is no color change at all. Today is the same, discomfort of a bruise, swollen slightly more than the day prior and now adding a bit of redness (on the outside of my lid only) close to the tear duct hole.  Any idea what this might be?
You probably have a chalazion which is a blocked and infected oil gland in the lid. Start placing hot packs on the eye twice a day. Use very warm tap water in a large bowl. Soak a washcloth in it, wring it out and place it on your eye. After 2 or 3 minutes, re-dip the washcloth and place it again on the eye. Continue this for 10 minutes each time. You may need some oral antibiotics as well. See an ophthalmologist before it gets out of hand. Some of these need surgical drainage.