Eye Care Community
Swollen lower eyelid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swollen lower eyelid

Two nights ago a bruising feeling started in my lower eyelid of my left eye. Then next morning I woke up and there was swelling. I noticed two tiny black specks in the eye the first day it was swollen, and I carefully removed them without any pain.Since then the swelling has gone down a little bit, but it remains painful. The swollen "lump" is in the inside corner. I believe the black specks to have been from the baking soda spray that was used on me at the dentist, the day the problem started. How can I fix this? Thanks!
Use warm compress four times per day and see and EyeMD.  This may be a stye and you may also have blephartitis that needs treatment.

Dr. O.