Eye Care Community
Swollen retina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

Swollen retina

On holiday in kenya I went to see a doctor about my blurred vision. He told me that I have swollen retina due to either uncontrolled sugar intake or some sort of hormonal imbalance. In the UK I have always been told I do not have diabetes by GP's, but using a self testing kit at home, it shows my blood sugar level is well above the normal. It sounds to me like this links in with what the doctor is saying. He said I'm suffering from GLOSIS? I am in my early 50's, I am so terrified of going blind. Will I? What can I do?
Diabetic macular edema is usually treated with laser or injections.  First, a diagnosis has to be made.

Continue checking you blood sugar fasting in the morning and 2 hours after meal and record this information for your doctor.

I am not familiar with the term GLOSIS.

Dr. O.