Aa
A
A
Close
Swollen upper eye lid.
Okay, today I woke up with this, my left upper eye lid was swollen. Its a bright red around the hole where the tears come out of (forgive my lack of knowledge) but it was not just that area. the whole lid is swollen causing my eye to look partly closed when I widen both eyes. Please help I am clueless!
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
i have the same problem? allergies maybe..go see a specialst .or to er
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488 tn?1310696703
Allergies affect both eyes equally (unless it's a contact allergy like poison ivy). If the area is red, tender to touch and swollen think infection. You can start warm compresses but if you see no improvement overnight I would see an Eye MD Ophthalmologist are at least your family physician. You may need antibiotic drops or ointment.

JCH III MD
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i didnt think i had eye allergies? i only have one eyelid that swells? eye lid edma?and a little pain?
but i also have sinus infection. ? but wouldnt both eyes be affected?poison ivy? hum? could be,.THANKS
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
233488 tn?1310696703
JCH III
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
left eye lid swollen and red and itchy...think its a stye.. what can i do to help it go down, and stop itching?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i have the same symptoms, i have excema on my eyelids,(very itchy, and puffy, and sometimes flakey) it may be the same thing, i treat it with Eledel, and at the first sign of a flare up i apply a little and hardly ever have problems
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Eye Care Community Resources