Symptoms after eye injury
On sunday, i had a gate come up off the hinges with great force right into my left eye, i wear glasses, and the lens was shattered. My boyfriend rushed me to ER, had to wait 3 hrs before actual getting to see a doctor. They pulled pieces of glass out from my bottom eyelid, had two puncture wounds there, also i couldn't open my eye, it just constantly watered and was so painful had blood and some discharge coming out of my eye. I had a gash at about 6oclock on my cornea as well as another scratch. It's been three days, and i'm constantly tired, my eye is still very scratchy, i kind if hard to keep open, i have went back to the doctors each day, and they said it's just the cut healing and that its healing fine, and that it should be fine within 24hrs, well it's been much longer and i'm still having these symtpoms, as well as headaches. It's really sore and tender on my bottom eyelid where the puncture wounds are. Does anyone know what i should be doing? Should i be worried that theres something else wrong. I'm still a little senstive to light not as bad as it was before though, there also feels like theres a bit of pulling.
If anyone can give me some advice that would be greatly appreciated.
The docs were going to give me a CAT scan on the day i went in to make sure I didn't shatter any bone in my face but they didn't. I'm a 22yr old female.
The potential for serious eye injury is there with this type of injury. When you say you see a "doctor" that is not specific. For the eye you need to see an Eye MD ophthalmologist. In my opinion seeing a GP, FP or ER MD is not adequate. I note you live in Canada and many of our posters complain bitterly about the difficulty of seeing "a specialist".  Try the best you can to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible. Be insistent. IF you are under the care of an eye MD then voice your concerns to him/her

JCH MD