Technis lens requires YAG?
Hello, I received a Technis lens implant last Friday, and when I returned for a follow up visit on Wednesday, I complained that my vision was not distinct and defined as I had been told it would be, that in fact my vision was not as good as it had been before with contacts or glasses.  My doctor then told me I would have to have YAG 3 months later to remove a membrane, and that this was required in 100% of Technis lens implants.  I had never been told this before and it was not in the material I received before the surgery, and I have been unable to find corroboration of this online.  Does anyone have knowledge about this, thanks.
Often the membrane that holds the IOL in place does turn cloudy and requires a Yag laser capsulotomy.  However it is never 100% of the time, in fact over the last 10-15 years the % that need it has dropped from perhaps 60-70% (within 5-10 years) to about 30% with new IOLs within 5 years.

I would suggest getting a second opinion.

JCH MD
Thank you, the surgeon has a good reputation so I was very puzzled by his response, maybe I am his lone B- instead of A++ in his successful implant of this particular lens.  I am going to give the lens a couple more weeks to see if  my vision becomes clearer and if not I will get a second opinion.
Well good luck, you might ask again if you "misheard' the 100% needing Yag capsulotomy because that answer is off base.

JCH MD