Eye Care Expert Forum
Tecnis Monofocal Lens

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Tecnis Monofocal Lens
I am a 52 years old male with a cataract in my left eye. I would like to know more about Tenis lens and have the following questions

1) Among these 3 types of monofocal lens (Tecnis 1-piece IOL: Tecnis Acrylic IOL & Tecnis CL Silicone IOL), which one is the newest one? and its date of launching into the U.S. market.

2) As I know, Tecnis 1-piece IOL has the posterior square edge, please let me know more about its anterior edge being round or square?

3) Risk of dysphotopsia is an issue after cataract surgery, Tecnis 1-piece IOL can overcome this problem or not?

4) What is the average weight of the Tecnis 1-piece IOL in air?

Really need your advice. please help!!!
I don't use Tecnis IOLs and can't really answer your questions (not sure too many ophthalmologists know the kind of detail you are asking).  I would contact the company with your questions and also consult a cataract surgeon who uses these lenses to pick the right one for you.  You can also search this forum for previous posts regarding those lenses for more information.

HV
I have spent a lot of time to search about Tecnis monofocal lens in this forum but I can't find any clear answer to my questions.

I thank for your kind assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon.