Eye Care Expert Forum
Tecnis Monofocal Lens
About This Forum:

Our Ask-A-Doctor Eye Care Forum is where you can post your question and receive a personal answer from physicians affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tecnis Monofocal Lens

I am a 52 years old male with a cataract in my left eye. I would like to know more about Tenis lens and have the following questions

1) Among these 3 types of monofocal lens (Tecnis 1-piece IOL: Tecnis Acrylic IOL & Tecnis CL Silicone IOL), which one is the newest one? and its date of launching into the U.S. market.

2) As I know, Tecnis 1-piece IOL has the posterior square edge, please let me know more about its anterior edge being round or square?

3) Risk of dysphotopsia is an issue after cataract surgery, Tecnis 1-piece IOL can overcome this problem or not?

4) What is the average weight of the Tecnis 1-piece IOL in air?

Really need your advice. please help!!!
Related Discussions
1573381_tn?1296151159
I don't use Tecnis IOLs and can't really answer your questions (not sure too many ophthalmologists know the kind of detail you are asking).  I would contact the company with your questions and also consult a cataract surgeon who uses these lenses to pick the right one for you.  You can also search this forum for previous posts regarding those lenses for more information.

HV
2 Comments
Blank
I have spent a lot of time to search about Tecnis monofocal lens in this forum but I can't find any clear answer to my questions.

I thank for your kind assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
233488_tn?1310696703
John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
Discover Vision Centers of Kansas City
Kansas City, MO
2078052_tn?1331936700
Doreen Fazio, M.D.Blank
Amerisight Institute and Valley Eye Center
Van Nuys, CA
1731421_tn?1358826971