Eye Care Community
Thick Mucus in Eyes Symptom of Ocular Roseaca?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to eye care, cataracts, glaucoma, retinal detachment, eye infections, misaligned eyes, intra-ocular implants, refractive surgery (LASIK and CK), glasses, contact lenses, amblyopia, eye injuries, dry eyes, ocular allergy, eye pain and discomfort, pediatric eye disorders, eyelid and tearduct surgery, poor eyesight, and eye surgery.

I was recently diagnosed with Rosacea and didn't know that there could be eye symptoms that went along with it.  I have had itching, burning, and swelling of the eyes along with a thick mucus for many years and chalked it up to allergies.  I can't find thick eye mucus anywhere listed as a symptom for Ocular Rosacea.  I have recently started using Latisse and it seems to be helping with the swelling of the upper eyelid, but not with the itching and mucus.  Could this be Ocular Rosacea?  Is Latisse used for treatment of Ocular Rosacea?  
Oh I forgot to add that I have developed this weird twitching of the upper eyelid over the past several months.  This was before I started using the Latisse.
It is not a sign of ocular rosacea,  Latisse in its drop from is used to treat glaucoma.  Itching and redness are its side effects.

Dr. O.
The itching, redness, and discharge I have had for years.  I only started using the Latisse a week ago.